The Arbella Insurance Human Performance Laboratory (HPL) at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst is looking for healthy, independently living licensed older drivers 70-85 years old to participate in older driver training research study.
To participate: Participants should be senior drivers willing to participate in two to three sessions with researchers for assessment and training. Participants should meet the following criteria:
- Generally healthy and living at home
- 70 to 85 years of age
- Willing to participate in 2 sessions each lasting 60 to 90 minutes
- Currently still driving and drive at least 1,000 miles per year
- Must have been driving for last 10 years at a minimum
- No medical or state-imposed restrictions on driving
Participants who complete the entire study will be compensated $75 and will receive training and field drive assessments as part of the research. Participants will receive partial compensation of $25 if they discontinue the study during the first session and the full $75 if terminating during the second session.